Gratefully I accept the “Tell Me About Yourself Award!” given to me by TaurusMom Tells the Truth
I’ve been thinking about ways to write my responses and quite honestly, what will end up here is not what I planned out in my brain. But, alas, the clock is ticking and it has already been several weeks since this Awared was bestowed upon me.
What is there to know about me that might not otherwise be apparent?
1. In my pre-baby days I was a rock climber. And a pretty good one at that! Not great, but good. I LOVED it. Things change when you have a child. Over the few years that I was active in the sport I climbed in New York (the Gunks); Red Rock (Las Vegas); Canada, Minnesota, Colorado, Thailand, and a few other places. It was wonderful!
There’s me with my gear to do some lead climbing, meaning that I go first and set the route. This picture was taken in Shawangunks Mountains in Upstate NY.
2. I love to bake. Since I had my baby, I try to make everything super healthy. I take boxed brownie mixes and add flax, wheat germ, bananas and apple sauce. The resemblance to brownies….? The taste? Yum!
3. I would die if I didn’t get to ride my bike to work and back. I love being in the fresh air and I love the feeling of freedom and not having to pay and not having to search for a parking spot.
4. I love taking pictures of kids. I like to capture their spirit and their expressions and their emotions. It’s a challenge and its fun. They are so spontaneous.
5. I’ve never been to New Zealand or Iceland and I’d really like to go.
6. I’m going to make a “bucket list” soon and post it on this blog. Perhaps that will help it seem more “real” and there will be more accountability!
THANKS AGAIN FOR PASSING THIS AWARD ALONG TO ME. IN TURN, I’D LIKE TO PASS THE AWARD ALONG TO:
Very nice! I have rock climbed a bit before both at an indoor place and at Joshua Tree in California. Lots of fun! I was only so-so at it, haha.
Oh…I have a lot of friends who have climbed at Joshua Tree (or J-Tree in climber speak). I’ve heard it’s great and seen pictures but never made it there.