I read the label on the bottle of chocolate milk and saw that it had 22 grams of sugar. That can’t be good.
1. Look for cereals with less than 5 grams of sugar per serving. Better yet, go with homemade oatmeal or porridge (Lisa’s suggestion!)
2. Look for canned fruit packed in water or rinse out your syrup packed fruits.
3. Low-fat peanut butter. Lots of peanut butters have tons of sugar. (I actually go with the natural peanut butters myself and make sure there isn’t any added sugar.)
4. Skip the flavored yogurt and go for plain and put in your own fruit.
5. No fruit leathers. They have corn syrup, artificial flaors and partially hydrogenated vegetable oils which should be avoided.